|All offers are made, and orders acepted, subject to the following terms and conditions, which may only be
varied with the prior written agreement of Deborah Lough Costumes (DLC) / The Padded Armour Company
Agreement to vary one or more of these terms does not affect the other terms.
These terms may be reviewed from time to time, and DLC / TPAC may change them without notice. These
terms supersede all previous terms and conditions.
All sales and agreements are subject to the law of England and Wales.
1. An order has been placed only when DLC / TPAC are in reciept of all of the following:
- measurements appropriate to the garment(s) or item(s) being made;
- a deposit of not less than one third of the total order value, excluding p&p, or an official purchase
order (the acceptance of which is at the discretion of DLC / TPAC).
2. Deposits are not refundable. This includes cases where materials are accepted in lieu of a financial deposit.
3. DLC / TPAC does not accept orders ‘in principle’, and a quotation does not form a contract, or an
agreement to undertake work.
4. Quotations are valid for one calender month, unless otherwise stated.
5. Payment is due on completion of items, prior to their despatch, and within 7 calendar days of completion
being notified. Goods will be despatched within 14 calendar days of cleared payment. In the event of an
outstanding balance remaining unpaid for one calendar month, garments may be sold, and the deposit forfeit,
or recovery action may be taken.
6. Where goods are supplied under a purchase order, invoices must be settled within 7 calendar days of
invoicing. Where payments fall outside this deadline, interest will be charged from the 8th day, at a rate of
8% above the base rate, (as set by the Bank of England). Interest will be calculated daily, per day, or part
thereof. In addition to this, a one-off fee of £40 may be charged.
7. If a payment is returned unpaid by our bankers for any reason, all related costs and charges will be passed
on to the customer, and DLC / TPAC may charge an administration fee of not less than £10.
8. Prices do not include postage and packing, which will be charged at the actual rate. Postage prices given
at the time of ordering or enquiry are estimates, and may be subject to change without notice.
9. Items that are returned by a courier / carrier due to a client failing to collect them, or arrange re-delivery
with the shipping company, may be subject to additional postage costs.
10. All goods remain the property of DLC / TPAC until paid for in full.
11. All design rights, copyrights and other intellectual property rights remain with DLC / TPAC, unless
otherwise agreed in writing.
12. Delivery dates are estimated and may be subject to change unless otherwise agreed in writing. Unless
otherwise agreed at the time of ordering, all orders will be added to the end of the current order book.
13. Cancellations must be notified in writing. Orders may be cancelled in writing at any time prior to the
beginning of work, without further charge, although the deposit will be forfeit. Orders cancelled after work
has begun may incur an extra charge, if the cost of materials used and time worked is greater than the deposit
14. Orders cannot be cancelled after garments and other items have been completed, or after an invoice has
15. Delivery dates are subject to fitting, where applicable. Should a customer fail to attend a fitting, or fail to
return a toile, DLC / TPAC may move the entire order to the end of the waiting list. If the customer then
fails to respond for a period of two months, DLC / TPAC may consider the order to be cancelled, and the
deposit will be forfeit.
16. Customised and custom made items cannot be returned.
17. Standard, or non-customised items bought via mail order must be returned within 14 calendar days of
18. DLC / TPAC can take no responsibility for the poor fit of any garment if it is due to one or more of the
- an incorrectly customer – completed measurement form;
- weight or muscle loss or gain between fittings, or between fitting and delivery;
- a poorly fitted toile (where the fitting is done by the client);
- a customer’s failure to attend a fitting or return a toile.
19. Problems must be notified to DLC / TPAC within 7 calendar days of delivery. Items must then be
returned, or a return or fitting date agreed, within 28 calendar days of delivery. After this deadline, all returns
/ alterations are solely at the discretion of DLC / TPAC, and alterations may be charged for at the prevailing
hourly rate. Alterations undertaken in these circumstances will be added to the end of the waiting list.
20. Returned items must be clean and in a saleable condition. Returned items will not be accepted if items
are dirty, damaged, or have been used, worn, or washed. In such circumstances, the full price will be
payable, no refunds will be given, and the customer may be liable for further shipping charges.
21. Alterations and other work carried out by anyone not in the employ of DLC / TPAC will invalidate all
guarantees, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to such work taking place.
22. All discounts are solely at the discretion of DLC / TPAC.
23. All pieces are guaranteed for one year from the date of delivery, uness otherwise stated.
24. DLC / TPAC cannot be held liable for delays caused by conditions beyond DLC / TPAC’s control, such
as war, threat of war, riots, intervention by govermental authorities, flood, fire, acts of God, strikes,
breakdown of machinery, shortage of materials needed in manufacture (or of fuel), illness, or any other
contingency which hinders delivery or manufacture, and which is out of the control of DLC / TPAC. In such
circumstances, DLC / TPAC shall be under no obligation for loss or damage incured or sustained by the
25. This website, and all the photographs, text and other content contained within it including these terms
and conditions are copyright D Lough 1997 - 2014, unless otherwise stated. By entering this site you are
acknowledging your awareness that unauthorised copying or transmitting is illegal under UK and international
copyright law. 'Deborah Lough Costumes', 'Deborah Lough' , 'DLC' , 'The Padded Armour Company',
'TPAC', 'Cherrytree Vintage', and the pictograph logo / makers mark are trademarks of Deborah Lough
26. The Padded Armour Company (TPAC) is the label under which all of DLC’s padding is made. TPAC is
wholly owned by DLC. The above terms and conditions apply to all work undertaken under the label
27. These terms do not affect statutory rights.
|This website, and all the photographs, text and other content contained within it are copyright D Lough 1997 - 2013, unless otherwise stated. By entering this site you are
acknowledging your awareness that unauthorised copying or transmitting is in breach of international copyright law. 'Deborah Lough Costumes', 'Deborah Lough' , 'DLC' , 'The Padded
Armour Company', 'TPAC', 'Cherrytree Vintage', and the pictograph logo / makers mark are trademarks of Deborah Lough Costumes.